Well I have finally finished the sample. I feel a bit disappointed with it if I’m honest.
I love the the surface textures I achieved and the movement within the piece. I also really like the colours and mixtures of yarns that I used; but the sample itself distorted quite a bit which did not really show up until I removed it from the loom.
This is undoubtedly down to my inexperience with weaving having not done it before and I’m sure that with practice I could improve this. The tension is just too tight in places.
I would also like to try using a larger loom. Mine is really not big enough so I can only produce small samples on it. I may try this again one day on a larger loom as I feel the sample would work well on a larger scale.